Monday, July 13, 2009

RICH MAY "WAR STORIES"



Rich writes about his "misadventures"?

Sarj,
I was never a real problem while I was in the navy, and years later, I left the Oklahoma Army National Guard as a Lt. Col in the Military Police in 1998, but I did get in trouble twice in my career.
The first time was as a student at "A" School in Pensacola. I went to New Orleans with a PH2 buddy and we got into a fight with some Cajun civilians in The Monkey Bar on Canal Street there. Someone called the police and I took off for the bus station. I had a return ticket to Pensacola in my hand. The MPs came along and got me, taking my liberty card and I came back to Pensacola to face the music. We had almost finished our classes and I was given 30 days of resticted to my room, so everyone in the class got their orders a month before me.
The second incident was the most embarrassing. At Anacostia, our barracks was upstairs above the EM Club. After a night of celebrating, the club closed and we went up to our barracks. But instead of going to bed, we started a barracks-wide pillow fight and it was a doozy! I hid behind a locker and when someone came by, I hit him flush in the face with a pillow. I thout it was one of the other combatants, but as luck would have it, it turned out to be the duty MA, PH1 John Orsulak. I had to stand a Captain's Mast before Capt. Noel Bacon and he chewed me up one side and down the other before giving me a two-week restriction to barracks. What made it so embarrassing for me was that Capt. Bacon was a GENUINE WWII hero, having been a pilot for Gen. Chiang Kaishek, in the famed Fighting Tigers Squadron. I knew all about his war service and I felt like a big schmuck standing there. I never did get in trouble after that one.
Later,
Rich

No comments: